Saturday, December 26, 2009

Fit Test (Why does Tony hate me so?)

OH DEAR LORD!!!!!!!!! I just did the fit test and I wonder what I ever did to Tony Horton to have him hate me soooo much!!!

So it's safe to say that I "failed" the ahem "fit" test!!! But I don't care I pushed it and gave it all I had and then some. I'm going to start with the lean version of P90X to shed some weight first like they suggest. Then after my first 90 days then I'll do the classic version.

My hubby was recording my progress in the fitness manual for me and upon seeing me and laughing a little, he's decided to use the treadmill and our weight machine for a month before he even attempts the fit test.

So here's the result of my fit test:

1. Pull ups (must be able to do a minimum of 1 pull up) - I managed to lift my feet off the ground that's about as far as I got so I put that as a big old goose egg (0) (failed)

2. Vertical Leap (minimum 3 inches) I was very impressed with myself on this one I got 7 inches (passed)

3. Push Ups (minimum 15 knees or 3 regular) I tried regular at first and thought I was going to be fine until I fell on my face LOL. So I was able to do 15 on my knees. (passed)

4. Toe Touches (minimum no less than 6 inches from your toes) I made it 1 inch passed my toes (passed)

5. Wall Squat (minimum 1 minute) I made it to 40 seconds before I crashed hard (pure evil this one) (failed)

6. Bicep Curls (minimum 10 curls with 8 lbs) I thought it would be 4 per arm so I did 5 per arm and was wrong obviously. I did 30 curls with 5 lbs in each hand so I think I would have been fine with 8 or 10 lbs at 10 curls. (passed)

7. In & Outs (minimum 25) BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA yeah I did 13 and wanted to cry (failed)

8. Heart Rate Maximizer (minimum be able to finish 2 minutes of jumping jacks) so I did it but I stopped 3 times I kept moving and only stopped for a couple of seconds each time but it still wasn't non stop...(failed)

Heart rate immediately after jacks - 186
Heart rate after 1 minute - 148
Heart rate after 2 minutes - 136
Heart rate after 3 minutes - 117
Heart rate after 4 minutes - 112

All in all I think I did okay with obvious room for improvement.

I will post my measurements and resting heart rate tomorrow. I'm feeling really pumped right now and very excited about starting on Monday. Excited and a little nervous. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hehe...that was a great post. You had me laughing out loud, literally. This is going to be fun...watching you progress through P90X! And trust me, you WILL progress. Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete