Wednesday, June 9, 2010

two active days and another planned

Well the last two days have been very active. Monday night was baseball night...it was a blast...I made it to 3rd base this time...not that I got a triple but I got a hit and it was a good one for me...landed just outside the diamond in the field (just) between rover and left fielder...too far for 3rd and 2nd to get it and too short for the fielders to get to it fast...so I made it to first just before the ball did :) Then the next two people got base hits and then the next person got out and that was it for the inning. So close to getting home...oh and when I got to first that time I also brought someone home...so that felt great too. First time up to bat I struck out, 2nd was the lengthy explanation above and third time I popped it up and it was caught. I was also very active in the field. I made sure to run alot to get as much exercise as I could.

Then yesterday we were outside until 10pm working on getting that darn pool up. We had it up but had to move it last weekend because the ground wasn't level enough. So we had two yards of dirt delivered...and last night I moved 1.5 yards of it. I shovelled into the wheelbarrow, moved it, dumped it, and raked it out while Kevin tampered it down...trust me I got the good deal. Our friend had a home made tamper and it was heeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaavy!!! I tried but it was too much for me. Then once we were happy with how level it was we moved the pool back. It wasn't that simple...first Kevin's arms were 8 feet long from all the tampering (his term not mine LOL) then we had to take the legs down from the pool and empty out the water...the drain was too slow and we didn't have anything to syphon with so we grabbed a bucket and bailed some (no we didn't put the water in there...mother nature did a few days in week)...once we drained for the most part we then dragged that sucker back (cursing I might add as the little itty bit of water still made it drag to one side and made it heavier. Then we got it up with the mosquitoes attacking us and with no light left. We finished with it almost in the right spot but no energy and no light left (we worked almost an hour in the dark before I threw in the towel).

Then I realized I forgot to eat dinner...seriously doesn't happen to me. But it was a very busy night...picked up Becca's friend and took them to dance then went to the grocery store for a few things, picked up the girls dropped her friend off at home, got Becca ready for bed and started on the pool outside. When we went in I felt so nauseous. I didn't realize I had worked that hard but my legs were killing me and with the lack of food I was feeling it. In fact I'm not feeling the best this morning either. I'm at work though so suck it up buttercup right?! LOL.

Today after work I'm going to plant some more veggies in my garden up north...it's raining today and isn't really supposed to let up but I don't care...rain or no rain those guys are getting planted this evening. I have pumpkins, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, and marigolds for around the garden to keep the bugs away. Plus I'll weed the garden a bit and thin out the carrots if they are ready for that. I haven't seen it in a few weeks so I'm sure they are getting to that point.

Ready for another busy active evening...every time I garden I feel it in my legs from bending over I'm sure. But that's good that means my legs are working and that can only tighten them up which is what I want!!!! My legs are my worst feature so doing things that make them hurt is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment