Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Alot accomplished

Well last night Kevin got a coat of paint on Becca's window frame (she's at my parent's for March break) and then we hung a bunch of artwork we've been meaning to do for months now...it's just been lying around waiting to get hung up. I'm so glad we did the front room looks beautiful and the other rooms are just coming together so nicely...all we need to do is get some paint on the walls in the other rooms and we are good. I got the second coat of paint on her window this morning (it wasn't a workout but it does work your arms a bit :) and I had to get up early to do it before getting ready for work). Tonight we'll hang her drapes and her room will be done.

But that's not what this post is about although we did accomplish alot of house stuff last night and today. This blog is about where I'm at so far this year. I had posted some goals on weight loss wars a while ago and I wrote a journal entry about it and realized I hadn't put anything on here about it. It's important to have goals and to reach them and then set new goals so I thought I'd (cheat and copy and paste my journal entry) post my goals here.

1. get my office in order

2. be super organized so I don't feel out of control in other areas of my life

3. fall in love with fitness (already started with P90X)

4. sign up for something competitive not sure what yet but some sort of sport

5. look smoking hot at goal weight!!!

#1 is done and #2 is an ongoing one that so far I'm in control of. #3 is a work in progress but that 5K helped to kick start that. I'm actually looking forward to our family training tonight. #4 done and done...did a 5K and have 2 more lined up for this year (June and July) #5 well this one I still have about 65 lbs to lose before I can cross it off the list...but it will happen this year! So I think it's fair to say that I've done 3 of the 5 for sure and can revise my goals for the rest of the year. #2 and 3 are ongoing so they'll stay and #5 is the final goal so obviously it stays.

New goals:

1. be super organized so I don't feel out of control in other areas of my life (ONGOING)

2. fall in love with fitness (already started with P90X) (ONGOING)

3. break the 190's

4. Organize furnace room

5. look smoking hot at goal weight!!!

So I'm pretty happy with where things are at these days. And now that my life seems to be getting organized how I like it and I'm more in control of my house I feel like I can take on the world. Weight loss is just bound to happen because that's what I want and that's what I'm choosing to focus on these days. Now that things are in order I can keep them that way without feeling overwhelmed about it. Just daily chores to keep things in check and if I do a little each night then we have more time to do fun things like exercise when we want to :) I don't have to feel like I should be doing something around the house instead.

I'm so excited for the next 11 weeks...yep that's it ladies until the next 5K. I have big plans...I'd like to be 15-20 lbs lighter by then so I need to kick it into high gear now.

Becca is coming home tonight and we took tomorrow and Friday off to be with her so woohoo long weekend. Science centre tomorrow = lots of walking :) and then Friday is a movie and we will likely gets the bikes out and go for a ride...and of course there's our 5K training that will start tomorrow with Becca. I couldn't be more excited for this.

Okay huge novel today sorry guys.

5 comments:

  1. Wowsers!!! I love it Pammy! My special Spunkster! So glad it's going great! Is it really only 11 weeks til our run?! Guess I'd better get training huh? I really need to refocus and getter done like you are right now! Seriously...this week I get my "cravings" out of the way...and make my lists and goals...and Monday take on the world again! I was doing sooooo well...and I'm not gonna let this stupid "funk" take those accomplishments away from me!! Thanks for the post darling...I needed to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, me too. Reading what you two ladies have written inspires me. I'm already 'there' mentally, now just have to implement a few more things. This is OUR year ladies, and I say in November, we go celebrate! What do you say?
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I like that idea...what should be our reward?

    ReplyDelete
  4. spa day? Clothes shopping? theatre? Play? dinner and a movie? any other ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the spa and shopping actually love any of those ideas...spa seems most rewarding and we could do the blue mountain one t's $40 for the baths, etc...Kev and I are going in April I'll let you know how it is. $40 for about 4 hours of relaxation and renewing. Any services like pedicure, massage or facials, etc are extra of course but I'm good with anything at this point :)

    ReplyDelete