Saturday, March 6, 2010

Surprise Lisa!!!

YAY!!! What a day today was. Jacqui and I had planned months ago to come to Burlington to surprise Lisa and cheer her on while she does the Frosty 5K. Then Jacqui said let's do one better...let's run it with her...at which point I said yeah...no problem!!! LOL. Well I'm not ready but we ARE doing this...tomorrow!!!! EEK! We were just going to show up and surprise Lisa with our bib numbers on and let her know we are running with her...but in the midst of picking up our race day kits today Lisa saw Jacqui. So Jacqui texted me to let me know that she was in the hotel picking up her kit at the same time as us. Kevin, Becca and I walk in the front door of the hotel (we were parking when she sent the text) first I saw Jacqui and then Lisa saw us and it was awesome...she just looked stunned like "what are you doing here" sort of a thing. At which point Jacqui told her we were doing the race with her. Many big hugs later and I went and got my race kit. It was so nice to FINALLY meet the girls who keep me on track!!! Awesome day. We went out for dinner with Jacqui and her hubby Eugene and we just all got along so well.

Can't wait for tomorrow I know it will be even better :) And I can't wait to talk more to Lisa! Don't worry Lisa, in June we'll have more time to bond when we are in Toronto :)

now time for a good night's sleep.

3 comments:

  1. holy wow....good for u.....what a beautiful day...i envy your get up and go....i have been running for 7 months now and mentally i m afraid of doing a 5K run....cannot be there to cheer u on but i will be thinking of u guys today and admiring your spirit....thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY THE MOST ADORABLE PERSON EVER!
    I totally loved my surprise! It was THE BEST! AND I loved running with you! I don't think we could have asked for a more perfect day. THANKYOU! xoxox

    P.S. keep a look out for MY blog on this subject ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhonda you could totally do a 5K you just need to set your mind to it. Just book it and trust me after that initial shock of oh my god what did I just do then you'll feel the gotta train for this. And just keep on it. Before you know it DDay is here and you'll be nervous but at the end you'll feel so good about yourself! Seriously! All those people cheering you on telling you you're almost there it's amazing! And then when the timer beeps as you cross the finish line I can't even describe the feeling!!!

    ReplyDelete