Sunday, March 7, 2010

Frosty 5K = ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Well not during the race of course but after that adrenaline rush of crossing the finish line it gone man do I want to sleep. I'm heading there in a few minutes actually but I wanted to get this done first.

First of all a while back my friend Lisa told me she was going to run a 5K called the Frosty 5K which is only about an hour from my home. So I looked up the town where her other friend Jacqui lives (well our friend now :) ) and saw she was only about 30 minutes from where the race was. I got Jacqui's email address and sent her a message to see if she would like to surprise Lisa by cheering her on at the race. Well Jacqui thought this was an awesome idea but then she took it one further and said...how about we run it with her!!! So I replied what a great idea...we have lots of time to train. Now the hardest part by far was not letting it slip in conversations and posts with Lisa in our blogs and on WLW. However the other hard part was finding time to train. Let's just say we did a lot of running today that I was NOT ready for LOL. But we rocked it. My first 5K and I finished 571 out of 586 people. I know it's not much from the last but you know what I finished and it wasn't last!!!!! How awesome is that. I beat 15 other people!! And now I have a time (46:40) to improve upon for our next 5K in June!!! Can't wait for that one.

Oh and as for the surprise...we were thinking race day but on Saturday (day before the race) when we were going to pick up our race kits...Lisa spotted Jacqui so Jacqui texted me to let me know that she was there and when Kevin, Becca and I walked in...let's just say it was awesome. She just pointed at me then Kevin and Becca and then I got not one but two of the biggest hugs!!! It was so nice to surprise her. And the best part was honestly getting to know everyone. This time we had quite a bit of time to get to know Jacqui and Eugene and we all agreed that it sucked that we don't live closer to one another. We pretty much laughed the whole time :) but hey...that's how we do!!!!

Oh and I was going to start exercising tomorrow...right Jacqui...ummmm maybe not. My stairs are quite the workout today LOL. Actually I'm feeling okay right now I've had loads of water, etc but I'm sure first thing in the morning is going to be another story. I think we'll do a family walk tomorrow after dinner to keep the muscles loose and not damage anything.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO is all I have to say now. Oh and to all the people who gave me the look along with the "yeah right you can't do a 5K" attitude or tone to their voice...guess what...I so did it! What did you do today...watch TV?

3 comments:

  1. So proud of you doll!!! All 3 of you (4 if you count Mary, which we can) It is a huge accomplishment and something you can look back on with pride. Keep it up baby, Heydenshore Hoedown as a family in July gorgeous. You, me and Becca and we will break the 40 minute mark for the 5 k!! Jacqui and Lisa, you are more than welcome to tag along! we will show you how we do, Whitby-style!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...you are so funny...that means I'll be doing the 5K in June and July and a 10K in August?! I might skip the 10K for this year...but I will definitely make sure I'm cheering the girls on!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was just on the running room site and saw that they just added a race in lindsay on may 15....i m really trying to get my hubby to do this one as well....not so nervous, today i just ran my first 5K of 2010 and feel pretty pumped...keep it up

    ReplyDelete