Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Yesterday was day 1 again :)

Yep...I started working out again yesterday. I forgot to blog about it so I'll be posting twice today. It wasn't so much a workout as it was a warm up LOL. I had decided day 1 would be 20 minutes of walking on my treadmill...no more no less. And I'm glad I had decided that. By the end of 20 minutes of JUST walking my hip flexor was killing me in my right hip so starting slow is good. Glad I didn't wait until the last minute like last time to train. 10 weeks until our 5K so now's a good time to start training again. I have a plan and I'm hoping to stick to it.
Mon - walk/run intervals
Tues - KenpoX
Wed - walk/run intervals
Thurs - perfect pull ups/kettle bells/sparq training
Fri - walk/run intervals
Sat - YogaX
Sun - Tennis as a family and X Stretch
I figure this way it's fun and combines strenght training with cardio and I'm less likely to injure myself. Also after a couple weeks of this I can change it up as I see fit.
Kevin will be training with me and he's nervous about Kenpo and Yoga and X Stretch but only because he's never done it before I know he's going to love it once he tries it. They are the three best workouts in P90X as far as I'm concerned...at least the three most enjoyable for me.

Once we get going into things really well I will likely up my 5K training and maybe even do more P90X who knows. All I know is this is a start and a strong one I think. I'm actually really excited about Kenpo tonight...it's been a while.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Good for you! I know that we've all got this thing by the balls this time! You, me and the Spitz! I did AbRipperX yesterday, but don't think I'll have time today! Going through bullshit with the insurance company and Fire Marshall regarding a fire in one of our rentals! Can't even get in to see the damages...they gotta do their CSI crap right?! LOL! Anyways, I also have to leave to Toronto for a meeting at 6 tonight,so I won't be back til around 11! A little too late for me to work up a sweat...cuz I can't fall asleep right after I've worked out either! Some days...there just really isn't the time for myself...whether I love me or not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely great to have a plan....now the comes the habit to do it....for me it was easier said then done...i do a rotation of doubles with the whole p90X system and really look forward to the days i get to do yoga and stretch....kenpo actually is my least fav cuz i absolutely hate the kicks....but it is fun doing punches....fun that kevin is doing it....it took chris about 6 weeks to do it...we don't always get to do it at the same times due to schedules, but it is nice to both see results....he is running our first race together in may, so that is exciting....so to jump start my training, i have to wait a week before i start the "INSANITY" program....after see it on the tv....i now do not feel right complaining about my BFF Tony Horton....just remember "DO YOUR BEST, AND FORGET THE REST"....have fun....it is almost like foreplay....lol

    ReplyDelete