Wednesday, February 24, 2010

5K in 39:33

yeah baby!!! you read that right 5K this morning in 39:33. Now that's not a true reflection of how I would do outside as I would be propelling myself that distance but when you pump the treadmill to 6.6 for 2 minutes it makes you go!!!! :)

I feel great this morning. Last night I had a dream that I got the text from Pitbull and I just popped out of bed like there was nothing to it LOL...then there's reality!! So I forgot to turn my phone from vibrate to sound last night so I woke up to the alarm about 4 minutes after she had texted me...no biggie right...well then I had to drag my sorry ass out of bed. I get up and do the morning ritual of pee and weigh myself and as I'm walking to the scale I'm going over in my mind why I don't need to work out. I was thinking I could sleep in 30 minutes or work out tonight or how I worked out last night so I didn't need to this morning. But I said a firm "NO" to myself and got dressed and went downstairs and texted Jacqui back and worked out!

Now I'm sitting here drinking my recovery drink and I'm pumped and still a little tired but only because I stayed up to watch the medal ceremony last night and didn't get to bed until after 10:30 so I only got 7 hours of sleep not like lately when I've had 8-10 hours. I know I know I'm a sleepy head these days. Funny how when I sleep in so does Becca and yet this morning I'm up and she's up now all on her own. Maybe she wakes up but just lays there until she hears me or the alarm. That would explain her grumpiness in the mornings when I actually have to wake her...she was likely awake and then fell back asleep into that blissful sleep in mode.

Off to have a shower and get ready for my day!!! It rocks to have that off my list of things to do!!!! Awesome feeling.

4 comments:

  1. Seriously? 5K in 39:33?? That is so awesome! I seriously don't have that kind of time in me, wish I did, but I'm at least 10 minutes more than that. Hmmm...now I've got a goal, baby. And Kudos to you, Spunky! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay...so proud of you girly!! You rock...no...we rock! Together we're gonna get this exercise thing pumped into high gear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay now I'm concerned that my treadmill could be in km istead of miles...but I was certain it's in miles...but if you say you take 10 minutes longer than that than I must be doing something wrong. Most of that was walking at 4.5-5.0 and I ran three times twice at 5.5 and once at 6.6. But still I walked for the most part. hmmm going to have to try my walk outside and see...I drove around my neighbourhood and mapped out a 5K...I might have to try that and compare my times.

    We so do rock all three of us!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. rock on pam....don't get hooked up on the time or the distance...of course u do need something to advance yourself on but not base everyday on it....u could be walking 5K in 40....i run 5K in 25minutes and i feel like i really go slow, when i do a complete 5K speed walk i can do about 30 minutes....of course i don't like to use a treadmill so the difference with being outside could be a little off....do yourself a favor...DO NOT step on the scales on a daily basis....that is the least accurate information u could be getting...you will feel much better of yourself if u do it less...remember muscle weighs more than fat, u can still lose inches and not budge in the weight, remember it is only a number

    ReplyDelete