Sunday, February 7, 2010

Fresh start

Okay sorry I was MIA there for a bit. Got off my butt today and got back to exercising. I walked 5K in 40:20...not bad for a first try. My goal is to start by walking and then just improve on my time. By the last little bit my body was WANTING to run...how cool is that. So I jogged for a bit but my heart rate skyrocketed again so I went back to walking. I figure I'll walk this week for sure and then go from there...as my heart gets stronger I'll add in the jogging. I might even try for 2 sessions a day. I did this one this morning and then went to a superbowl party...so nothing tonight (Had to come home early to put Becca to bed it is a school night but Kevin is staying behind...we won the second quarter in our square game woohoo...doubled our money :) )

So I'm aiming for tomorrow morning and depending on how I feel and if I'll be in Kevin's way will determine my evening workouts. I'm putting P90X on hold for a little bit...just want to work on walking and getting my heart used to working hard so I don't feel queasy when I push myself.

My plan for the week is to

1. walk/run 5K each day

2. get my work outs done in the morning to avoid skipping them

3. eat clean

short and sweet!

4 comments:

  1. u must have a treadmill? i would love one however due to space issues i have to wait for jess to leave for school....only 5 more years...ugh....i went for a 3K walk yesterday outside in the snow...by the time u put all your gear on, and then add your bulky winterboots, it is like wearing weights...my legs still feel crampy (but in a good way)...keep it up
    p.s. walking 5K in 40 minutes is fantastic...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is fantastic. Way to go Pammy! You must power walk something fierce. Love it! I'm proud of you for reassessing your goals and doing what works for you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you getting your goals in check!!! I'm doing the same thing...it's so easy to lose focus! I think that's the key "FOCUS"! I know you will run...and I'll be right there beside you with Spitz in June!! Can't wait! Keep up the good work Spunkster!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep I can walk like there's no tomorrow...ask Alesha about mall Pam ;)

    Thanks guys...you really do keep me going! If it weren't for you guys and my darling hubby I don't know what I'd do.

    ReplyDelete