Tuesday, April 13, 2010

baseball

Well today is the official meeting to sign up for softball eeeeee! I think I've decided to do it. In fact I have! I'm nervous and excited but that's okay it's another big step for me.

1. I've never played on a team before (parent's never put us in sports)
2. I'm joining alone
3. It's out of my comfort zone
4. It's going to push me to strive to do better
5. It's going to be sooooo much fun

So we meet tonight to sign up and pay our fees, etc. Then we start our games in May sometime. Honestly I just can't wait to get that schedule and just start playing already.

Becca has decided not to play this year...and that's okay I won't force her even though I hate the idea of her quitting but she said she's afraid of the ball and we will work on that playing catch, etc...then next year if she WANTS to play she can. We were never put in sports but I'm not about to force it on her either. So this year she wants to take golf lessons (it's only a 1 week session which is great) and swimming lessons (which are a must in my eyes but she LOVES it so it's not an issue anyway). She is a natural in the water. I can't wait to see how she does this year. Gymnastics and Jazz go until school ends and we will take a break from those for the summer. So summer will be golf, swimming and then maybe a camp or two we'll see about $$$$ I'd love to put her in whatever she'd like but it's just alot of money.

I'm just so excited to add in another fun fit thing to do and it might keep Becca interested in sports.

Oh and I exercised last night with Becca. She did Cardio X but I decided I wanted to do something different...so she did that while I supervised (made sure she didn't hurt herself) and I did the mini trampoline, hula hoop, my push ups and sit ups and then I went and played Wii Fit for 30 minutes. So much fun...I felt like a kid last night and it was awesome. As for the Wii Fit I hadn't stepped on that board for 244 days (eek how does time fly so fast)...but it was nice to see it say I was down 7.9 lbs from last time. And I did it this morning as well as I've decided to do the Wii Fit in the mornings and then whatever else I choose in the evenings. Keep it fun and interesting. Becca is doing the Wii Fit with me as well. She stepped on it last night and has gained (of course she's a kid and growing so I've explained that she has different goals in mind). We talked about maintaining weight and gaining at a healthy rate not too much or too little. It said she was at risk of being overweight. I told her it's okay not to worry it's just a scale and she should go by how she feels. But with that being said it's time for less screen lazy time and more fun outside stuff. She is fairly fit but has a gut now (not that I would say it to her) and she gives up so easily when trying to do things (we are working on the whole practice makes perfect thing she's definitely improving on not giving up so soon). I have to be honest it scared me a bit to see at risk for her. But that's okay we set her goal to maintain (didn't want to say lose weight to her not needed she'll naturally thin out as she does more). and we set her goal for 2 weeks from now so that we can reassess it then...I think at her age we expect her to gain as she grows but I want to keep it in a healthy range BMI and all that. Oh I just thought of something she wasn't on it for 244 days either and we haven't updated her height since she first stepped on it ages ago...she's grown like a weed I bet her height is all wrong on it...I'll update that and see what it says later. She's probably exactly where she should be. My average little girl (I think she's extraordinary but she's always been smack dab in the middle of average on height and weight since she was born LOL) .

Blabbered on again sorry guys :)

UPDATE: just told a friend at work about joining baseball tonight and she's decided to come along and meet the team with me and join up as well...yay Courtney (she's uber fit and has played before but I was joining before she decided anyway so it's just a bonus I might still be the least experienced on the team but who cares it's going to be fun)

3 comments:

  1. I am proud of you for joining. Stay focus on why you are there, and don't let any set backs change your mind. It's social and it's fun.

    And I might be mistaken, but I think you might have been on a curling team a few years back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm nope never curled...well I threw one rock at the curl for kids benefit when everyone was aloud down on the ice to try it...and I sucked at it big time LOL...it was pretty pathetic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO proud of you. The only way to make lasting changes is to make it fun. If it's a drudgery, most people fall off the wagon, put more weight on, and end up doing the whole yo-yo thing. Making it a fun family thing, something you just feel good about doing, that's lasting,

    ReplyDelete