Thursday, April 8, 2010

To Play or Not To Play that is the question...

So I went to National Sports and bought a baseball and batting gloves so I can go to the batting cages with a proper sized bat and all...and as we were about to pay they had baseball cleats at the cash that were 40% off the lowest ticket price. Kev found my size and I tried them on and they fit...price tag $14.99 down from $59.00 which is avg for cleats...with another 40% so I got them for $9.00!!!!

I've been looking into joining a rec league but am still a bit chicken to join on my own...I'm trying to find someone to join with me...feel like driving down/out every Monday night Lisa??Jacqui?? It's Monday's starting in May and goes to Sept or Oct I think. Costs between $120-$130 to join for the whole season. I know it's too far *sigh* could you imagine weekly get together's though...how awesome. Even monthly would be nice...but i digress

Now that I have cleats I guess I'm going to HAVE to join...Kevin's been trying to convince me. I've never played on a team before...just family games or in elementary school...so many years ago!!! They are meeting on Tuesday night to register people and hand in the fees...so I have until then to decide.

Honestly I sent an email to the team that emailed me (after I sent in an information request they sent my info to a team that needed members) asking what level they are at and age ranges, etc. If they email back saying that they range from 20's to 40's I'm cool with that and will likely join but if they are a team of 18-20's then I'm not so sure. First of all I don't know anyone (yes I make friend's fast but I want to at least have something in common) and second I don't want to hold anyone back...if they are all young and fit they'll just cringe when I'm on the field or up to bat. I can hit the ball no problem. Catching I'm okay at too...it's running that I'm not so good at. If the ball's infield I don't have enough hustle to get to the base before they do (and I don't slide LOL it would be more like trying and just landing where I tried to start a slide kaboom LOL). And if they put me in the outfield which is where I always remember being in school gym class well I don't run so fast to get to the ball.

I know I can't be perfect but I was inquiring into the league for next year when I would be lighter again. I can feel a difference now imagine when I'm even half way to goal. I wasn't expecting them to forward my name...and I wasn't meaning to buy cleats...maybe it's just a sign to stop worrying and get up off my lazy chicken ass and just go for it. I know it will be fun when I'm playing.

URG!!!!! Stupid inner battles.

1 comment:

  1. Pam that is so exciting....don't think (u might talk yourself out of it)....just do, you have come this far and continue to surprise yourself...go for it.....that is my new found attitude....today chris and I had a meeting with a running coach at the Running Room in peterborough, he gave us some fantastic advice for run training (with 2 boston marathons and an Iron Man under his belt, we listen)got fitted for great shoes and learned a hell of alot....but the point i M trying to make is to tell the truth I am scared shitless about pushing myself like this, but i know with determination we both will surprise ourselves....and i know u have very strong determination and can do it too....good luck, keep blogging, and make sure u feel proud of every thing that is happening.....oh 2 weeks and 4 days of the INSANTIY program....can say i will never complain about the p90X ever again....but now will not give up.....u r a lucky girl to have kev on your side.....

    ReplyDelete