Tuesday, April 6, 2010

played catch

Wow...that was so much fun. Kevin and I decided for our workout tonight to go play catch while we waited for our sheppard's pie to cool down. So it was only 15 minutes but you know what I was starting to sweat by the end of it. Throwing felt good...catching wasn't so bad and honestly when I missed a catch was the best...not if I was actually playing baseball but for the exercise. I would sprint after the ball like as if I were actually playing baseball so that I would get to it fast and pick it up. My throwing it after picking it up was slow as I was usually panting pretty hard. Of course near the end I wasn't sprinting so much after the ball. At that point I told Kevin that my get up and go had got up and went...that meant it was time to call it quits for the game of catch and see if our dinner was cool enough to eat. 15 minutes of catch and it was so fun. Next time will be longer...it's just the beginning. I'll get there. And Kevin said it was good for him as he only has a month until his baseball season starts.

I looked into a league and sent an email asking questions about joining...I contemplated it but decided I want to wait until next year. They emailed me back with cost and info but I really think I'd like to lose a little more weight before I join...I know it seems silly...but I just want to get to a point where I won't be so self conscious and can really just enjoy the game itself. That and I don't think we can afford to buy me all the gear for this season.

Also I have a 5K to train for...it's only 8 weeks away girls!!! So I will up my efforts in that department. I wanted to get my weight below 185 and really give the training my all. Seems backwards but I find that I stall in the weight loss department when I start training hard. So I really wanted to get to a level where I would be introducing the exercise to help the weight loss continue as opposed to now where it tends to make me store everything. I know I need to add it in as my weight drops as I need to up that calorie burn for it to do the same thing...I just don't know that I'm ready to do that just yet. I like the idea right now of easing into things...walks, catch, fun things, bike rides...that kind of thing and as I lose that weight which I will naturally do then I want to up it to run/walk intervals and exercise videos. My biggest thing is I want to get out and enjoy the outdoors this Spring/Summer. Being active is really fun. I know because yesterday I couldn't stop smiling...it was just like being a kid.

I've rambled again...I'll stop now :)

2 comments:

  1. I love your ramblings! That's the ticket...keep it fun! If it's making you feel great inside and out...then continue to do it! I know you've got this one girl! I'll be right along side you really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good I can't wait to have you along for the ride :)

    ReplyDelete