Wednesday, May 5, 2010

IT REALLY WORKS!!!

BIGGEST LOSER ALERT

okay it's not rocket science and we've proven it time and time again but I have to say it now that I've had a few good days...sticking with healthy eating really works!!! My scale was down 2 lbs from yesterday...you know why...no chocolate bars at lunch, no closet eating, I was honest with myself and everyone here, and most importantly no night snacks. Well I had a snack but not popcorn (which always throws me off course and not ice cream)...I had a smoothie. I had smoothies almost every night as a snack at the beginning of my true weight loss in January and it worked then...you know what...it works now too. The smoothies are sweet and healthy and keeps me satisfied until morning. The perfect snack!

I might not be lighter than I was 2 or 3 weeks ago but I'm back on track and that means I'll be lighter soon...I was hovering and then started to gain little by little...I was in denial! I thought cause i cheated once I could do it over and over again...but that just leads to a complete derailment for me. I know it'll happen again...we all do it and really it's likely our body resets during that time...but I'm back for now and I'm hoping not to be derailed again for a long while. It's like a little kid...you can say no to a toy over and over again and they are good with it but one day they just have that temper tantrum...I was having my temper tantrum...and now I've calmed down and realized that I can move on.

Oh and the other thing that I've proven time and time again...soda makes you gain weight or at least not lose weight...I only drink diet and yet it still happens. Soda is evil. And yet I fall back on that one the most. It's like once I have one I want more and more...I suppose that's how they get you. It's so bad for you in so many ways...teeth, weight, skin...you name it soda affects it...carbonation is not healthy and aspartame is worse. Diet soda is worse than regular soda...at least with regular you know you are having something unhealthy and aren't being tricked into thinking you are doing something good for your body. If you drank regular chances are you'd only have 1 here or there...but have diet and you drink 2-5 a day...crazy!!! So I cut out soda yesterday and my weight drops as well...hmmm

No exercise last night...I enjoyed my smoothie while watching the Biggest Loser...it was makeover week and I always love that episode. Although I didn't care for the sylist this time...if you have to say you are the go-to person for hair styling...chances are you're not. I felt so bad for Michael still having to shop alone...that part was sad but he looks great even if he is 300 lbs.

Alright on with the rest of my day, tonight is going to be crazy busy so I need to be organized to make sure I stay on track.

4 comments:

  1. All I have to say is...you rock woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you. 2 pounds down is 2 pounds in the right direction and is sooo powerful because that little 2 pounds can give you all the umph you need to keep on the right track.
    And yes, I totally agree...diet pop IS evil. Stick to water. It's the only thing I drink...other than OJ with my vital greens in the morning.
    So happy for you.

    Hey Pitz...where's your blog woman?! I know you have more to say and it'll only take you what...2 minutes to knock out a post!

    Love you two ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. its a proven fact that aspartame holds fat longer than regular sugar...if you must drink soda, ironically it is better for your body to have the real stuff....look around at diabetics and the astonishing amount of them that are overweight....i feel sorry for them cuz it is kinda like a catch 22....keep up the great work....YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep Kevin is addicted to the stuff but he doesn't have much of a choice. And he refuses to give it up :) He's stubborn like that LOL

    ReplyDelete