Friday, May 21, 2010

something new

Okay so I decided to try something new yesterday. My friend has been diagnosed as hypoglycaemic and has to eat every 2 hours. So I thought I wonder if that would work with me. Instead of having 3 main meals and some snacks I would try eating every 2 hours and see if I craved bad stuff or if the healthy things were fine. The trick is to eat more times a day but smaller portions and keep it healthy and nutritious. I know that yesterday was the first day so it could have been sheer determination that factored into the success of it so we are going to try this all weekend and see if I can stick to it.

Here's how yesterday went:

8am - yogurt
10am - orange
12pm - chicken caesar salad mmmm
went for a walk at the lake for an hour
2pm - blueberries
4pm - didn't bring enough food oops
6pm (became 7pm) - went out for dinner had a grilled chicken breast on a bun with sweet potato fries
no night time snack...didn't need it surprisingly
did Wii fit step for 20 minutes and had more water
drank a total of 4 litres of water yesterday

Felt completely amazing all day...not hungry (well just before dinner at the 5 hour mark of no food I started to get hungry which is why I ate sooo fast and felt sick after but I did Wii fit and felt better after that)

This morning I weighed the same as I did yesterday morning which is fine as I did 80 minutes of cardio yesterday and exercise makes me stall on weight loss temporarily.

Honestly I think I can do this every 2-3 hour eating thing...I'm eating whole real foods and don't feel hungry or light headed because my body is getting what it needs and I don't feel the need to snack on crap :)

We'll see how today goes...

Plan for today:

8am - shredded wheat and milk (done)
10am - yogurt
12pm - turkey sandwich
2pm - strawberries
4pm - orange
6pm - (haven't decided on dinner yet but it'll be something yummy)
8pm - carrots and ranch dressing

Other obstacles this weekend - it's the long weekend and we are visiting friends and family. Just have to go prepared :)

2 comments:

  1. I totally think that's the way to go. It's natural, you're giving your body the nourishment it needs. You WON'T crave crap because your body won't have time to crave anything. I think that's going to work for you. Yay!

    Have a great weekend. I'm working around here today. I'll txt u over the weekend to say hi. Proud of u.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks hun...fingers crossed I can stick to it...I'm already at the 3 hour mark and forgot to eat just getting it now. I was hungry at 10 but got busy working...must listen to the body for this to work right.

    ReplyDelete