Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Laughter and other things

Well I was thinking about what you girls were saying about laughter and how good it is for you and I remembered something about how laughter burns calories too...not just a giggle here or there but full on belly laughing! Honestly this is good news for me...cause I get in trouble for laughing too loud all the time. At work we've even had people come and slam the lunch room door shut because we were in there laughing so loud...oops. Whatever...it's lunch and we are laughing...deal with it :) And Kevin always feels so sorry for people sitting in front of me at the theatre...oh and people who go with me tend to be embarassed for some reason. :) I can't help it...if something is funny you are supposed to laugh. I can't help it if I'm loud! Besides I'm burning calories! hahahaha

So TOM is here finally (sorry if TMI for some) THANK GOD!!!!!!! I hate when my hormones get all screwy then my weight just says that's fine I'll fluctuate all over the place so you have no idea what to expect. Now we can get back to normal for a few weeks before the roller coaster starts again. It would also explain how down and out I was feeling a few days ago...I feel so in control today!!!! Don't get me wrong I am under the weather and home from work (headache combined with cramps sucks) but I feel in control of my habit...that I'm not just going to go and consume all the food in the house while I'm here...or run out and buy a bunch of junk. I know my weight will be up today at weigh in...that's normal for that time for me...but it'll be gone by Friday for sure!

My biggest concern these days is being in control on the weekends. This weekend we are going to a friend's house for a bday celebration which includes dinner and dessert. Now dinner should be okay I think...she tends to make healthy stuff so we'll see...as for dessert it's his bday so I can't control what's there...but I can control what I take and how much I eat of it. I only need a taste to make them not feel bad and I don't need anything for me...I just can't let the taste become more and more and more!!! Water will be my drink of choice NOT DIET PEPSI!!!!!

Hey let's check the list again.

1. Journalling - check
2. baseball - Monday done
3. P90X - I'll do XStretch today
4. water - working on it
5. no soda - did awesome yesterday and will repeat today
6. lactose free - I had yogurt and frozen yogurt...but I really don't want to cut out the yogurt (frozen yogurt I will but regular is so good for you and it's all natural with fruit so it's pure digestive enzyme goodness) so lactose free from now on will be everything but my yogurt at lunch and sometimes breakfast.
7. blog - check
8. honest and kind to me - yep so far so good ;)
9. Gabriel Method - had the I-Pod going last night...I think I could hear it better over the humidifier so even better...sorry Kev if you could still hear it.

So far so good....I'll get my P90X Stretching in today sometime and we'll be checking off all on the list for a first!!!! woohoo!!!!

Whooshaw Lisa :)

1 comment:

  1. :o) Pam

    And btw, I love your laugh! I'm one of those laughers too. The theater could be totally quiet but for my laughter at something that WAS funny, that everyone else missed..haha.

    Nothing like a good ole laugh to make you feel alive. xo
    Loved talking to u.

    ReplyDelete