Tuesday, May 18, 2010

WE WON A GAME!!!

Well last night we had a double header 8:15 and 9:30pm were the start times. So I get home from work and Kevin makes dinner (sheppard's pie so yummy) of course now I'm all weighed down and ready to sleep or snuggle on the couch watching TV instead of running around. But I made this commitment and honestly I love it. So I get ready and go battle the mosquitoes at the diamonds. I get there...and my lazy want to stay home feeling disappeared instantly. The first team we played were the Raiders and they kicked our butts...not as bad as our first game of the season but bad enough...although we got a couple of runs in which felt great. I was played right field or rover depending on the inning...in the second I played Rover and caught a ball so she would have been out but then I dropped it...I was so mad at myself I went to through it to second and threw it way too high so I messed up that play...but that's okay. I learned from it...I also think I need a smaller glove...we'll see I'm going to play around with mine to see if I can get it to fit better. So we felt okay after that game...not a win but some definite improvements we are starting to mesh as a team I think.

Then the second game...felt awesome. We were playing a really young team and thought we'd be creamed but their pitcher bless her heart used to pitch windmill...so she kept walking us as her pitches were too low and when she tried to pitch them higher (has to have an arc between 6-12 feet) she would miss the plate...Also we played better as well so that helped the cause too. I had another flub in that game...not in the field. I hit the ball but popped it up infield and swore the pitcher was going to catch it so I didn't run like I should have...now i know do NOT watch the ball just run and listen to the coaches that's what they are there for. Cause she dropped it and I would have made it to first had I ran first...but I waited and she rallied and got it to first before I could get there and just before I got there...I was really mad at myself for that one...but we won 5 to 1!!!!! yay us!!!! It was really nice to have that win for our confidence. Next week we have a 7pm game and they all want to go out for drinks after...I'll go but just have my lemon water :)

So I came home and had a snack a small bowl of sun chips...not the best but that's okay. I was up a bit this morning but c'est la vie. I'll figure it out...my body wants to store today so be it. I also know I'm retaining some major water...or I was yesterday for sure...I drank 3.5 litres and hardly pee'd and my lips were dry and chapping...hopefully the lakes of water again today can solve that.

Plan for today - work, take Becca to jazz, step on the Wii while watching BL :) It's the marathon episode.

Time for a nap (I wish)

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you! You are really doing this thing Pammy! I'm coming back on board Monday! Thanks for the confidence, kind words, and advise! You're right...I can't let this get away from me! I'm up to 185 again...I was 160...damn! Gotta nip this thing in the bud before I go back up over 200 again! It all starts again Monday for me...I'll start slow and easy...straight power walking...no hills or stairs for a week or two, then get back to adding the extras later! Diet is key too! Gonna start that right after the long weekend! Got some plans that don't include proper eating unfortunately! Oh well...it is what it is...and I own it!

    ReplyDelete