Thursday, January 14, 2010

Random thought (in place of my exercise journal)

So I was thinking a little today (I know...you can smell that burning smell again haha) about how I always say I'm a skinny person in a fat suit or a fat persons body. And while I was thinking about that today I thought I'm really looking forward to being a fat person in a skinny body. I know that might not make a lot of sense to you right now but think about it. Being fat or overweight whatever you want to call it for the majority of my life has given me lessons that not everyone gets. I've been through a lot and I had a good childhood blah blah blah...but being overweight has taught me how to have more compassion than most people. Some people think oh they just don't try hard enough that's why their overweight and so on. But when I'm skinny and I will be I'd like to think that I won't be that reformed in my thinking. Yes in my eating but not in my thinking. Hearing remarks (even if I wasn't supposed to hear them), or the are you pregnant questions or even the you have such a pretty face...it hurts. You want to hear...you're hot or wow did you see that MILF LOL. Not whispers from teenagers who say don't ever let me look like that. I've learned to think about how someone feels in their shoes before I judge them too much. I learned that your insides don't always match what's on the outside. I've learned that sometimes people dress sloppy because that's how they are feeling and want to not be noticed because they are ashamed.

I've learned so many GOOD lessons being fat! And I think I've been fat for a reason for this long, to really become compassionate towards others. So instead of thinking oh my god look at that fat picture (which I'm sure I'll say at some point)...I'd like to think I'll say "that's when I learned to be a good person" or "I'll never regret that time in my life because there were so many lessons to learn from then".

I really need to go back to school...I need to become a shrink. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Great insights! This is all part of the journey...some people never get to this point. I'm happy you have. You're getting some clarity on things, you've stopped the emotional comfort eating, you've started 'thinking' like a thin person already (as Jon Gabriel says) and I KNOW you WILL be successful on this journey. So happy to be along for the ride!

    ReplyDelete