Monday, January 18, 2010

Week 3 day 1 - Core Synergistics (and day 1 of couch 2 5K)

So this morning I rolled out of bed and went to the basement to work out. I did my core synergistics...but wasn't into it like I should have been. I found myself doing it and then when I felt like I'd done enough move on to the next exercise rather than trying for a few more...I did okay I just didn't push it. Maybe that's okay with taking the week off and trying to get back into the swing of it.

It really is amazing how quickly we get used to not doing any exercise. It's almost like starting from scratch. I think Lisa might have the right idea with the streak. If I know I have the choice to say not today I might take it. So I planned out my entire workout schedule from now until the end of September. Barring any unforeseen circumstances I will be exercising everyday until then and as I get closer I know I'll continue my plan. I don't have to...but I want to. I want to finish P90X and complete couch 2 5k. And when I'm done them I want to run M-W-F and then do one of the P90X workouts on the off days...Sunday will always be my stretch day...and Saturdays will alternate between Kenpo and Yoga. Then the Tuesdays and Wednesdays will be for weight training.

Oh I almost forgot to tell you about my couch 2 5K experience this evening. I know why I've never run before...it's that pain in the chest I don't like...but I pushed through it this evening and you know what I survived. It wasn't the nicest feeling but I made it and I know if I keep pushing it'll get better. My heart rate monitor said my heart was beating off the charts. 198 to be exact so it wouldn't even give me a percentage as it was well over the okay zone. I'm really looking forward to watching that number drop as I get used to the workout and as I become stronger. Two more days at the 90 sec walk and 60 sec jog before it gets bumped up next week.

I honestly looked like the BL contestants at the end of their run on the treadmill with Jillian and Bob yelling at them and pushing them to the brink...and yet I only had to run for one minute at a time!!!! Amazing!!!

Time to go relax with Kevin and watch some sitcoms :)

3 comments:

  1. You're doing so wonderfully! You'll have the couch 25K thing licked in no time. Proud of you for scheduling your workouts for so far ahead of time. That's exactly why my streak works....if I CAN take a break, I WILL, and I don't want to...soooo, yeah, streaks are a good thing...streaking...well??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. what is this couch 25K i keep seeing u guys refer to

    ReplyDelete
  3. find out what couch25k was....that sounds exactly how i started in august...however right now i still think i m around the 6or7 week.....all in time i guess

    ReplyDelete