Sunday, January 17, 2010

Skeptical people piss me off

I was just telling Jacqui that :

I'm so excited about this 5K...I've been telling everyone. Surprising the reaction I've been getting though. People are so skeptical. I've had a few supporting but even they give me the look of "we'll see". I can't wait to show them! I think I'm going to write a blog about that.

And so I am!!

It actually pisses me off that people can't just say way to go...or you can do anything you put your mind to. I hate negativity...and yet I'm surrounded by it. Work - negative. Family - as loving as they are they always think about the negative side of things (they call it being the devil's advocate...I call it being negative). My family - positive and thank God for that. Honestly if my hubby said I don't think you can do this...I'd probably break down and cry because I need people to believe in me right now. This is something I've NEVER done!!! I need that positivity.

Kevin is being real about it. He's saying you're likely not going to be able to run the whole thing with it being your first 5K and all but you should set a realistic goal. First 5K goal should be finishing it. Then your next 5K (and I love that he believes in me enough to say the next 5K) your goal should be to beat your time on the last one. Eventually you'll run the whole thing...and if you do this time even better. But it's unknown and so my goal will be to finish!!! That sense of accomplishment will be huge...I'm sure there will be many tears that day.

I've honestly never STRIVED for anything. I've never had any dreams or aspirations to work for. Again my parents are so sweet but they never built that into us. To go for something you know. They always said we could be anything we wanted but when it came time to go for something it just never happened. If we were too scared to try something they'd just say "okay you don't have to" They never said just try it once and then if you still don't like it you don't have to go again.

I'm so lucky to have the friends I've made in this journey. I love the enthusiasm that Lisa has for Jacqui and I. 5K's and hiking trips and rock climbing...I mean it's all things I've always wanted to do and just didn't think I could so didn't try. I know I keep saying how awesome those two girls are...but they really are...so get used to me saying it. If I were a guy you'd call it a bromance...what do you call that for a woman a womance? hmmm maybe it'll catch on LOL.

All I know is that I'm doing this...I'm registered and paid up and I'm going. And I'm making it across that finish line whether you have to drag me across it. I know I can walk it...I can't walk for hours and hours...I WANT to run it.

So to all those skeptical people...come to the 5K when I run it!!! I dare you! but don't bring your negativity or Lisa and Jacqui will pummel you :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh....you got that right baby!!! The three of us are gonna take over this run!!! And don't you worry..you WILL finish it...running! With the three of us working together...we can do anything! I'm so excited I could just pee! And equall excited just about finally meeting everyone! If you ever need someone to boost you up...the two of us will be there! Keep up the good work chicky!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow....ok i cried reading this....you put exactly into words with how i feel....thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had of read this post yesterday! I had a rough day. But now...I'm smiling so big, I might crack my face. LOL.
    WOMANCE! I LOVE IT!
    Definitely have a womance for you two.
    Hey listen, I did MY first 5K, 54 pounds heavier, and I walked the whole thing. I was proud, and disappointed, and...well, proud. I wanted to be thinner, but I wasn't. I wanted to jog some of it, but I couldn't. So, my goal was to just finish it. My next goal is to jog most of it...I don't know if I'll be able to jog it all...but you...you have until JUNE!!! If you do this couch 25K program, I have NO DOUBT that you CAN and WILL jog it! And if you wog it (walk/jog) I'll wog it with you. My friend that did MY first one could have run it. I even told her to go on ahead. She said "NO, I'm doing this WITH YOU!" and she did and she was proud of me...just like I'm proud of you and like I'm proud of Jacqui. This is a new life. Active, healthy, fit and happy. This is the beginning of a wonderful womance!
    And btw, negative people suck! Notice how they don't have any real joy? Well I say they can take their negativity and choke on it...LOL. They're probably just jealous....and don't you worry, somewhere, deep down, their wheels are turning...and don't be surprised if something you say, or YOUR positivity and enthusiasm will rub off! XO

    ReplyDelete